Carol Shepherd

‘A Shepherd's Touch Ceremonies’

Authorised Civil Marriage Celebrant
Member of Celebrants Australia Inc.

Ceremonies Prospective Spouse Visa Legalities Venues About Carol Testimonials Gallery FAQ Links

‘Featured Weddings’

Featured Weddings With Melbourne Celebrant CarolCivil Celebrant Carol Shepherd

Celebrant Carol offers ceremonies for:
 Melbourne, Bayside, Mornington Peninsula, South Eastern Suburbs and Surrounding Areas.


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Google Bookmarks Share on LinkedIn Share on Tumblr Share via e-mail Print

‘Thank You Letters’

Thank You's & Testimonials for Celebrant Carol
Ceremonies Prospective Spouse Visa Marriage Legalities Wedding Venues About Carol Testimonials Featured Weddings FAQ Sitemap

Carol Shepherd AMC

A Civil Celebrant

“For Life’s Big Moments…”

Notice of Intended Marriage & Marriage Legalities…

(The following is provided as a general guide only; for detailed information please feel free to contact me)

Notice of Intended Marriage Form

The first requirement before you may become legally married is for the completion of the “Notice of Intended Marriage” (NOIM). I will provide all legal forms that you will need when you are ready to register your intended date of marriage.

The NOIM must be filed with your Civil Marriage Celebrant:

No sooner than 18 months before the intended date of marriage.

No less than 1 month before the intended date of marriage.

Documents Required for Proof of Identity when signing NOIM

Specific documents are required for proof of identity when signing the NOIM in front of your Civil Marriage Celebrant:

Evidence of the date and place of birth of each party; i.e. full birth certificate.

Photo id; i.e. current passport, driver’s license.

If married previously; evidence of divorce of a party; i.e. Decree Absolute (prior to 1/7/2002) or     Certificate of Divorce (after 1/7/2002).

Or evidence of death of a party’s spouse; i.e. death certificate.

Overseas Fiancee Information

For those parties who currently have a fiancée from overseas, information from the Department of Immigration & Cultural Affairs can be found at: ~ Prospective Marriage Visa Immigration Information

For an official letter confirming your engagement of a celebrant, and associated costs, please see here ~ Prospective Spouse Visa

Attorney General’s Department (Marriage)

For full and complete information for couples intending to marry, including:

Finding the right marriage celebrant

Providing notice of your intended marriage


Participating in a marriage ceremony

Getting married overseas

Marriage to a relative

Same-sex commitment ceremony

Change of gender

The Certificate of Marriage issued to couples (Form 15)

Making a complaint

 Please Visit: ~ Getting Married (Attorney General’s Department)